Dear Cox web space user:
If you upload files or host a website at Cox, please be advised:
- Visit us at Suddenlink.net to register for a new Suddenlink.net account
- You will be given the opportunity to create a new URL where you can upload your files
and repost your website (see below)
- Your new web space allocation will be 250 MB
Once you have created a home page and you want to post it, you can upload it by following
the steps listed below.
Note: Before uploading your home page, make sure its file name is index.htm. The uploaded
page will appear at http://<your.vanity.domain>/index.htm.
- Launch your FTP application, wait for the FTP prompt.
- Type open <hostname>, press Return or Enter. (<hostname> stands for the
site name or IP address of the site that will host your home page).
- Type your user name when asked for login name, then press Return or Enter.
- Type your password when asked for password, then press Return or Enter.
- Type cd /web, press Return or Enter. This takes you to the directory for your site
- Type put <path>/index.htm, press Return or Enter. This uploads the file.
(<path> stands for the directory location of your home page file on your local
disk, and index.htm should be the actual name of the file containing your Home page.)
- Type quit, then press Return or Enter. This terminates the file transfer session.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your loyalty and we bring
you these new services at