Jacob Preston bap.1681 - aft.1742
New England Prestons - Andover, MA, Windham, CT., Ashford, CT.
Jacob Preston, the 5th child of Samuel Preston and
Susannah Gutterson, and grandson of Roger Preston, was
b.2-24-1681 in Andover, MA and died after 1742. He moved his family to Windham, CT in
about 1720. He was a blacksmith and it is believed he died in Ashford, CT. He married
Sarah Wilson on 6-17-1702 and they had 7 children:
I am told that complete info is available in "Descendants of Roger Preston of
Ipswich and Salem Village compiled by Charles Henry Preston, 1931".
- David Preston b.1703 in Andover, MA and died before 10-1755 in Oblong
(Dover), Duchess Co., NY. He married Elizabeth Martin on 8-2-1726. Elizabeth was the
daughter of George Martin and Anne Choate. They had 7 children:
- Ebenezer Preston b.5-28-1727 d.8-12-1809 in Webatuck, Dutchess, NY. He married Hannah
Smith on 10-4-1749. Hannah was born 7-12-1729 and died 3-28-1816. They had 2 children:
- Hannah Preston b.xxxx d.xxxx.
- Ebenezer Preston b.1759.
- Sarah Preston b.9-5-1728 in Windham, CT. She married Joshua Agard on
11-11-1748 and they had one child, Joseph Agard.
- David Preston b.6-20-1731 in Windham, CT.
- Elizabeth Preston, 4th child of David Preston and Elizabeth Martin,
b.10-30-1733 in Windham, CT and died in NY. She married Jabez Mosher in 1755 in NY They
had 8 children:
Anne Preston b.9-22-1736 in Windham, CT. and died 6-25-1737.
Anna Preston b.1739 in Windham, CT.
Martin Preston b.ca.1740 d.2-24-1833. He married Rebecca Judd on
1-1-1761 in Kent, Litchfield, CT.
Benjamin Preston, son of Jacob and Sarah Wilson Preston, b.4-20-1705
in Andover, MA, d.11-26-1784 in Willington, Tolland, CT. He was a tanner. Benjamin married
Deborah Holt on 5-5-1727 and they had 7 children:
- Hezekiah Mosher
- Jabez Mosher
- Mercy Mosher
- David Mosher
- John Mosher
- Margaret Mosher
- Elisha Mosher
- Hugh Mosher
Mary Preston b.4-2-1734 d.8-31-1742.
Jerusha Preston b.7-29-1736 in Windham, CT. She married John Peck on 8-25-1767.
Amos Preston b.1-27-1739 d.11-5-1756.
Deborah Preston b.12-10-1740.
Lt. Jacob Preston, 3rd child of Jacob and Sarah Wilson Preston, b.1707
in Andover, MA. and died in Woodstock, Windham, CT. He was a Tailor. He married Sarah
Foster on 9-21-1730 in Andover and they had 9 children: (Jacob married Mary Holmes on
- Benjamin Preston b.12-1-1727 in Windham, CT.
- Daniel Preston b.3-16-1730.
- Darius Preston b.3-3-1732 d.5-30-1821 married on 11-15-1759 Hanna Fisk b.1740/1
d.1-12-1813 in Willington. Darius was a tanner. They had 9 children:
William Preston, 5th child of Jacob and Sarah Wilson Preston, b.1711
in Andover, MA. d.8-20-1778 in Windham, CT. He was a Cordwainer. He married Lois Simons on
2-28-1734 in Windham. They had 10 children:
- Sarah Preston b.8-20-1731 in Windham, CT and married Thomas Kingsbury.
- Jacob Preston bap.2-24-1733 in Windham, CT.
- Abiel Preston b.4-1-1735 in Windham, CT.
- Eneas Preston b.6-7-1737 in Windham, CT.
- Mary Preston b.8-18-1739 in Windham, CT.
- Eunice Preston b.7-20-1741 in Windham, CT.
- Hannah Preston (twin)b.4-19-1744 in Windham, CT
- Isaac Preston (twin)b.4-19-1744 in Windham, CT.
- Abraham Preston b.1-1-1749 in Windham, CT.
- Tamar Preston b.1-18-1735 in Windham, CT. and married John Parish on
5-27-1756. They had 10 children:
Ruhamah Preston b.6-22-1736 in Windham, CT. and married Daniel Canada
on 11-16-1763. They had 7 children:
- Sarah Parish 1757-
- Tamar Parish 1759-
- Jesse Parish 1761-
- Wealthy Ann Parish 1763-
- Asahel Parish 1765-
- Anna Parish 1767-
- Matilda Parish 1770-
- Alice Parish 1773-
- Patte Parish 1776-
- Truman Parish 1779-
Lois Preston b.2-16-1738 in Windham, CT and married James Smith on
4-30-1766. They had 6 children:
- Daniel Canada 1764-
- Chloe Canada 1766-
- Peesly Canada 1768-
- Alvah Canada 1770-
- Betsey Canada 1773-
- Ruhamah Canada 1775-
- William Canada 1778-
Mehitable Preston, 4th child of William and Lois Simons, b.3-22-1740 in
Windham, CT. and she married Jacob Simons Jr. on 9-28-1760. They had 10 children:
- Alitheah Smith 1767-
- Stephen Smith 1768-
- Polly Smith 1771-
- Olive Smith 1772-
- Lois Smith 1774-
- Nathaniel Smith 1778-
William Preston b.12-7-1742 in Windham, CT.
Eliphalet Preston b.2-15-1745 d.2-25-1758.
Nathaniel Preston b.12-31-1746 d.4-8-1749.
Stephen Preston b.6-19-1748 in Windham, CT.
Sybel Preston b.11-30-1750 in Windham, CT. and married Samuel Baker.
Sarah Preston, 10th child of William and Lois Simons Preston, b.12-2-1753 d.1-6-1754.
Joseph Preston, the 6th child of Jacob Preston and Sarah Wilson,
b.9-14-1712 in Andover, MA and died 3-1791 in Coventry, Tolland, CT. He married Elizabeth
Robins on 4-23-1735 in Windham, CT and they had 6 children: (Joseph married Abigail
Unknown on 2-14-1754.)
- Chloe Simons 1761-
- Lucy Simons 1763-
- Olive Simons 1765-
- Lois Simons 1767-
- Jacob Simons 1768-
- Sarah Simons 1771-
- Abel Simons 1774-1776
- Anna Simons 1776-
- Mille Simons 1778-
- Clara Simons 1782-
John Preston, 7th child of Jacob Preston and Sarah Wilson,
b.1-12-1716 in Andover, MA. and died 1-4-1776 in Ashford, Windham, CT. John married Mary
Ford b.4-6-1717 d.xxxx on 12-9-1736 and they had 12 children:
- Hannah Preston b.1-21-1735 in Windham, CT and married Ebenezer Badcock on 8-26-1754 in
Coventry, Tolland, CT.
- Nathaniel Preston b.3-26-1737 in Windham and he married Marcy Hall on 4-19-1759 in
Norwich, New London, CT.
- Elizabeth Preston b.11-3-1739 in Windham and married Elihu Badcock on 7-3-1763 in
Coventry, Tolland, CT.
- Mercy Preston b.xxxx and married Hudson Badcock in 1767 in Coventry, Tolland, CT.
- Abigail Preston b.4-15-1744 in Coventry, Tolland, CT.
- Marah Preston b.11-23-1746 in Coventry.
- John Preston b.9-19-1737 in Windham, CT. d.2-27-1834..
- Amariah Preston b.2-7-1739 in Windham, CT. died in Roxbury, NY.
- Medine Preston b.1-28-1741 in Ashford, Windham, CT.
- Mary Preston b.12-13-1742 in Ashford, CT and married Jonathan Curtis on 1-12-1775.
- Wilson Preston, 5th child of John Preston and Mary Ford,
b.11-18-1744 in Ashford, CT and d.8-1824 in Herkimer, NY. Wilson married Susannah Aldrich
on 10-30-1765 in Uxbridge, MA. They had 9 children:
- Daniel Preston b.11-10-1766 and d.4-27-1769. Death caused by fence falling on him.
- Submit Preston b.4-25-1769 in Uxbridge, MA d.8-29-1831 in Brownsville, Jefferson, NY.
She married Squire Read on 7-23-1797.
- Chloe Preston b.8-2-1771 in Uxbridge, MA and d.1838 in Wayne Co., NY. She married
- Cynthia Preston b.3-10-1774 and married James Dodge on 11-6-1793 in Windsor, MA.
- Susanna Preston b.6-21-1775 in Windsor, MA and d.10-16-1850 in Wayne
Co., NY., buried in West Walworth Cemetery, Wayne Co., NY. Susanna married Ebenezer Still
on 10-9-1791 in Windsor, MA and they had 14 children, of whom 12 lived to adulthood:
Sarah Preston b.1-3-1779 and married Joseph G. Lewis.
Calvin Preston b.6-9-1781.
Louis Preston b.5-26-1784 and married Daniel Williams.
Diadamia Preston b.8-27-1789.
Anna Preston, the 6th child of John Preston and Mary Ford, b.4-10-1747
in Ashford, CT.
Jacob (Jared) Preston b.3-13-1749 in Ashford, CT.
Hovey Preston b.11-13-1751 in Ashford, CT.
Tiras Preston b.10-6-1752 in Ashford, CT.
Junia Preston b.10-21-1754 in Ashford, CT.
Amos Preston b.10-9-1756 in Ashford, CT.
Zera Preston b.6-13-1759 d,7-16-1821 in Ashford, CT. m.(first) on 10-7-1779 Mary Ann
Walker b.xxxx d.2/9/1794. Zera served as a Private in the 5th Company, Third (Continental)
Army under Gen. Putnam and Capt. Thomas Knowlton. Zera and Mary had 7 children:(Data from Preston Perlman's Rootsweb entries.)
- Abagail (Anna) Still
- Susanna Still
- Danforth Still
- Ebenezer Still Jr.
- Calvin Still
- Diadama Still
- Norton Still
- Arnold Still
- Samantha Still
- Nelson Still
- Kellogg Still
- Rosanah Still
- Sally Still
- Willard Still
- Anna Preston
- Salvester (Silvester ?) Preston b.6/2/1780 d.xxxx m. Unknown and had 6 children. One was
Zera Preston b.1815 in Roxbury, NY. who married Angeline Lawrence.
- Hannah Preston b.11/14/1781
- Abigail Preston b.3/6/1784
- Joseph Preston b.6/7/1786.
- William Preston b.7-6-1788 d.3-4-1874. Born in Ashford, Windham, CT died in Roxbury, NY.
Believed William and older brother Joseph moved to Roxbury in 1808. They purchased 44
acres from Silas Coyle in 1808. Another brother, Silvester was also in Roxbury in 1820.
William m. Elizabeth Schutt b.1795 d.xxxx. William and Elizabeth had 10 children:
Willard Preston b.10/3/1790. (All seven children born in Ashford, Windham, CT.)
- E. P. Preston b.bfr.1820 in Roxbury, N.Y. Living in Union Center (Kellawog) N.Y..
- Daughter 1 b.bfr.1820.
- Daughter 2 b.bfr.1820.
- Charles Preston b.bfr.1820.
- Jacob S. Preston b.1820/21 in Roxbury. Jacob m. Susan Ellerson in March 1856.
- Elizabeth Ann Preston b. 1824 d.1896 m. on 10/15/1855 Moses Crary. Elizabeth died in
- Daniel Walker Preston b.2/15/1830
- Zera P. Preston b.1832 d.1884 m. Elizabeth Conro b.1846 d.xxxx. They had one child,
James Louis Preston b.1867.
- Catharine Preston b.12/31/1833 d.8/11/1910 in Kingston, NY.
- Mary W. Preston b.1836 d.xxxx m. on 12/29/1874 William W. Mitchell.
Zera married 2nd on 4/20/1794 Hannah Smith b.xxxx d.4/27/1814 and they had 4 children:
- Charles Preston b.5/10/1796 in Ashford, CT.
- Juliana Preston b.6/4/1797.
- Peggy Smith Preston b.4/24/1800.
- Elizabeth Preston b.8/6/1803.
Zera married 3rd on 11/24/1816 Patience Gould b.1758/59 d.7/16/1821. No children.
Last updated 4/10/2007
Page by F. L. Preston