Elizabeth Preston 1827-1895
New York and Michigan
All data for this page supplied by Donna
Stinchcomb under the heading of Descendants of Othniel Preston, Jr.
Elizabeth Jane Preston b.3-17-1827 d.2-20-1895 m. on 2-28-1849 William Sweet Abbott
b.1827 d.6-20-1911. Elizabeth was the dau. of Joseph Preston
and Ruth Hyde. Elizabeth was born in Trenton, Oneida Co., NY and died in Alma, Gratiot
Co., MI. Buried in Riverside Cemetery, Alma, MI. William was born in Monroe Co., NY and
died in Coe Township, Isabella, MI. William is also buried in Alma. Elizabeth and William
had 6 children:
- Adelbert "Dell" Abbott b.1850 d.xxxx m. Alice C. and 2nd Ella
S. Swiggett. Adelbert was born in Rochester, NY.
- Roswell Abbott b.1852 d.1937 m. in 1892 Grace O. Dexter. Roswell was born in Rochester,
NY and died in Muskegon, MI.
- William Sweet Abbott, Jr. b.1854 d.bef.1860. William was born in Penfield, NY.
- Elizabeth Abbott b.1857 d.xxxx. Elizabeth was born in Michigan.
- Mary Adelia "Addie" Abbott b.8-20-1859 d.10-31-1939 m. John W. Morse and 2nd
John M. Strong. Mary was born in Wash Co., MI and died in Rives Junction, Jackson, MI.
- Carlotta Ellen Abbott b.2-4-1868 d.3-2-1961 m. 1st George B.
Campbell 1859-1920 and 2nd Joseph L. A. Heath. Carlotta was born in Handy, Livingston Co.,
MI and died in Vero Beach, Indian River, FL. Carlotta and George had one child:
- Howard Edwin Campbell 1886-1975 m. Agnes V. Clark 1898- . Howard and
Agnes had 1 child:
- Sheila Elizabeth Campbell 1927- m. Daniel J. MacDonald 1926- . Sheila
and Daniel had 8 children:
- Margaret Mary MacDonald
- David Charles MacDonald
- Brian Joseph MacDonald
- John Gregory MacDonald
- Elizabeth "Anne" MacDonald
- Thomas "Tom" MacDonald
- Daniel James MacDonald
- Roderick Stuart MacDonald
Howard Edwin Campbell m. 2ndly Alice Eckert 1895-1984 and they had one child:
- Kelly Abbott Campbell 1921- m. Grace White Quinlan 1922-1988 and
they had 4 children:
- Kevin Abbott Campbell
- David White Campbell
- Janice Collines Campbell
- Ellen Butler Campbell
Last updated 4/10/2007
Page by F. L. Preston